The goal of this podcast is talk about everything cloth diaper, and today’s show is a special treat because I’m talking with a passionate and dedicated mama from Washington State making cloth diapers for adults. That’s right, you read that right, she’s the new owner of Snap-Ez Cloth Diapers which makes diapers for all sizes and abilities.
You’ll want to listen to this episode because she’s talking cloth diaper business, being a homeschool mama of 4, and a fascinating area of need.
She sent me some products to review. A blog post on SimplyMomBailey will be coming soon as it’s a product that fits my biggest and oldest.
This post does contain affiliate links.
If you love this podcast, leave me a review on iTunes to help others find this podcast.
Topic: Cloth Diapering Past Toddlerhood, Extended Sizes with Snap-Ez
In true Bailey fashion, I have to go to sleep. I’m sick. I’ll finish these show notes this weekend.
19:00 Tell us about your Manufacturing.
You’re using home-based seamstresses over other types of manufacturing systems. Beginning to hit a crossroads of where to go next.
- Has many customers who love that Cloth-Ez Cloth Diaper products that are made in a small business environment.
- However this is a need for a lower price point, but she hasn’t gotten there. She would love to offer it at a lower price point.
- 5 Women sew for her in the Blaine, WA area, all work at home moms.
- She doesn’t know what people would prefer and what would be better for them both as their family and business.
What Sets you apart from other businesses and options for bigger cloth diapers?
Snap-Ez makes a truly bigger range of sizes compared to what’s currently out there like AppleCheeks Size 4 or CottonBabies Big & Bigger, the only other company she’s seen is Super Undies, but their product is different.
There are also china cheapies in bigger sizes, but customers haven’t had good experiences.
Mostly the only one in the industry making cloth diapers for bigger sizes for adults to the extent that Snap-Ez is.
Bailey thinks there is also Rearz in Canada.
Awkward to search for Adult Sized Cloth Diapers on the Internet
A little weird to find followers, and follow up and find the market place.
Biggest Challenge with the Company?
Kinda the awkward line of adult cloth diapers and fetish.
- Would love to connect with a medical supply company about wholesale for adult sized cloth diapers.
- It’s a hard product to market.
- Fine meeting that fetish market, but would love to find customers who need their product for medical reasons.
Snap-ez is willing to work with her Customers and Meet them Where the Need Them.
- shipping every where in the world.
How do you find time to juggle everything and selfcare?
Homeschool mama – and the older kids take classes once a week with the school district which provides her accountability.
In the school room, she does work while the kids do school. It’s a home business so she can do it on her time, and the manufacturing is not done by her. She’s grateful the business isn’t entirely on her.
- Loves to Garden and spend time on her 5 acres
- Involved in her church.
- Mom time with play dates and entertaining.
What’s Your why for being the Owner of Snap-Ez Cloth Diapers
Stephanie enjoys helping people find something that works for them. Finding people what they need.
- Worked with customers to create custom products where they needed with regular customers to meet their needs.
Where can we find you on the web.
Facebook – Instagram.
If you know of a place that is looking for wholeslae connections for adult size cloth diapers, let Stephanie know. She’d love to get into brick and mortar communiteis where people can see it where they can buy it.
Biggest Piece of Advice for New Moms
There is a product out there.
Just let people know what you need and reach out when there’s a gap in the market for something you wish you wanted or needed. Many businesses and organisations that are willing to help you and learn what consumers need.
CLOTH DIAPER PODCAST RUN DOWN.
The Cloth Diaper Podcast is dedicated to sharing everyday stories of diapering. We welcome any and all suggestions for future episodes and encourage you to connect with us for an interview. We’d love to interview what works for you, your favourite cloth diaper, and any words to the wise you have. Send us an email [bailey [at] clothdiaperpodcast [dot] com] or connect with us online: Facebook, Facebook Group – Cloth Diaper Addicts, YouTube, or Instagram or Pinterest.