Day 4 – Wash Routine Strategies
Ah, laundry day my favourite day because I love watching, reading, and learning how everyone washes cloth diapers. I always learn something new like a way to save water, find a different soap product, or a different way to reduce burn out. See, I don’t prescribe to the notion of cloth diaper science and rather enjoy soaking in a wide array of possibilities because cloth diapering around the world is so incredibly unique. You can do this in so many ways to be successful.
Not getting emails? – Read Today’s Email here– sign up direct to the mailing list here – https://www.clothdiaperpodcast.com/flats-challenge-email-sign-up/ – for some reason some emails are glitching. Be sure to check your spam folder. You can also find the daily email on my facebook page.
- join the conversation in the comments or on social media.
- If you choose to share on social media use #FlatsChallenge and tag me @clothdiaperpodcast so that I can cheer you on (I’ll try to read as many as I can see, and have time for)
- Share your links in the comment section of today’s blog post. You can also share them on our daily Facebook group thread.
- Don’t forget to include a brief link, info and/or tag me. If your blogging or sharing on YouTube – ““I’m participating in the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by the Cloth Diaper Podcast. This event ______”
- Disclose any and all brand partnerships, free product, sand affiliate links as per FTC guidelines. Focus should be on the greater conversation of cloth diapering, and not on advertising brands.
Today’s Topic: Share your wash routine strategy
Today is the day we talk about our wash routines. If you are a blogger, or this is your first year, you might feel like you haven’t been doing this long enough to talk about it. And that’s okay, that’s how a lot of us feel. I still want you to share about what you’re trying and if you think it’s working.
- What soap or detergent are you using?
- Water temperature?
- Your process?
- Any tools?
- And what about the ring and dry strategy?
Remember This: your experience isn’t the only way or the best way to hand wash diapers, clothing, or anything. It’s one way that works for you and offers helpful insight into other ways to do things better for other people. Your wash routine is important because it helps others find the wash routine that works for them.
We have so many people from around the world joining us with a variety of different resources and access. When we insist there is only one wash routine we make cloth diapering exclusive. It means that to cloth diaper you must be privileged to have certain things – but this a conversation barrier we need to break down. Gate keeping cloth diapers through restrictive routines, language, and judgement does not help the greater good of this community at-large. Be kind and empower through your experience by showing what works and why.
Hand washing has many great applications that can help you continue to cloth diaper when you don’t have access to regular washing facilities. For many participants this includes natural disasters, camping, and regular life.
I have some great posts about different wash routines that I’d have tried in previous years and I even filmed this video for you with a new video that I didn’t get to edit, instead enjoy others content and search #FlatsChallenge
- My 2016 Flats & Handwashing Routine (First Year)
- How to Rock Your Handwash Routine (2017)
- My experience with soap nuts (2018)
- My experience with the Scrubba wash bag (2018)
- How I hand wash with a wash board (2019)
- My research and thoughts about needing softeners to hand wash (2019)
- Handwashing in a Hotel Room (2018)
This challenge is about the conversation of Diaper Need – and the practicalities of repurposing materials, buying cheap or used, and washing without regular access to electric washing/drying facilities.
Let this thought shape your conversations, your intent, and your passion behind this year’s challenge.
You are welcomed to share your wash routine here
If you blog, vlog, or create content elsewhere, please share your links in the comment section. This will be how we do the link up this year. I’ll be approving comments periodically during the day.
If you want to just share your experience as a comment, that is very much encouraged too.
Cloth Diaper Podcast is located in Northern BC, Canada on the traditional territories of the Lheidli T'enneh First Nations.
The Cloth Diaper Podcast participates in affiliate programs with differen brands and businesses. Links clicked may result in earned comission to Bailey Bouwman as a result of purchases made. If you have questions about affiliate links and sales please contact Bailey.
Cloth Diaper Podcast (SimplyMomBailey) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
About the Cloth Diaper Podcast
The Cloth Diaper Podcast is a somewhat regular podcast sharing stories from cloth diaper parents, brands and retailers from around the world.
The Cloth Diaper Podcast is not affiliated with any school of thought of diaper laundry but instead focus on the power of peer-to-peer story telling to empower you to make your own cloth diaper journey.
Cloth Diapering is not this or that, but rather many different experiences.